Sunday, October 9, 2011

Meet Lily!



It has been requested that I include posts of my own animals on this blog, and I am glad to oblige. I plan to include pictures and information about all of my animals eventually, but definitely not consecutively because I want to vary my content. I decided to start with Lily, isn't she adorable? Lily is a four year old Maltese Lhasa Apso mix. She is very tiny and weighs about nine pounds. Lily originally belonged to my brother, but he started to work very long hours and he felt guilty leaving her home alone all day. At the time, my family already had three dogs, so we did not think having another dog was a good idea. Lily was placed with multiple family friends, but all of her potential families were concerned because she was very lethargic and would not eat. Lily seemed to dislike every family who tried to adopt her, and eventually ended up with us. It was supposed to be temporary, but now she is a part of our family and we could not imagine giving her up. I guess you could say she chose her owner. This way, Lily still gets to see my brother and she has constant company throughout the day.

I call Lily my shadow because whenever I am home, she follows me everywhere. She loves being around people and she is just content being in their presence. She is generally calm and just enjoys laying around and spending time with us. One thing about Lily is that she loves to snuggle. If I layed in bed all day, she would gladly stay there with me the entire time. Whenever I get out of bed in the morning, she looks at me grudgingly, begging me to stay a little longer. She is usually very even-tempered and gentle , but she has moments where she gets extremely worked up and she runs around the house jumping and rolling around everywhere. We call Lily the little princess because she is the only female animal we have currently. Our male dogs often play together and exclude her, but she doesn't seem to mind because it gives her more of an opportunity to spend time with the humans. Although she started out as a burden, Lily has become an important member of our family and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. Omg. Lily is the sweetest thing that has ever graced this planet! I love her so much and even though I wasn't assigned to comment on this blog I had to do it (: i love you and Lily sooooo much !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs! I am very happy that you are blogging about dogs. These creatures would love you unconditionally. They appreciate you more than anyone else in this planet. This is amazing, Leah. Thank you for posting and sharing this about Lily.

    ReplyDelete