Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Analysis of My Posts

I want to analyze my writing on my blog thus far, and explore what posts work best for me. In my personal opinion, my weakest post was my post on guide dogs. I felt my writing was lacking, and I could have done more with the subject. I rushed through this post, and I actually had to edit it the following day for grammar issues. Besides the introduction, this was the first real blog post I have ever done. I am not extremely knowledgeable about guide dogs, so this post required some research. I feel that I should have made this post about a more specific aspect of guide dogs. I think my writing for this post could have been more succinct and I could have expanded more. After looking over this post, I realized it could be beneficial to go into deeper detail with my writing. Also, I should read my posts out loud and look over them multiple times before posting them.

In contrast, I thought my post about my dog Lily was quite strong. I also found this post the easiest to write, likely because it was about my own dog and I knew exactly what I wanted to say. My writing was clear and in a sensible order. This post did not have the grammar issues like my guide dog post. I felt that the way this post was written sounded more confident and put together than some of my other posts. Something else I did differently was I planned out what information I wanted to include and in what order. I think this was helpful and it made my blog easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment