Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's easy to cruelty free!




Besides being an animal lover, I also consider myself a bit of a makeup junkie. A common problem that I often face is buying from cosmetic companies that do not test on animals. I do not want to support any companies who think it is okay to test on innocent creatures. In 2004 over one million animals were being tested on. Animal testing is cruel and can be extremely painful for the animal. Luckily, today there are so many alternatives to animal testing making it easier than ever for companies to be animal friendly. After much research I realized that a lot of my favorite makeup brands do not test on animals at all. Popular brands such as MAC cosmetics, Nars, Laura Mercier, Lush and Lorac are against animal testing and do not test their products on animals. I avoid companies such as Avon, Estee Lauder, Lancome and L'Oreal as they are on Peta's "Do Test" list.

One makeup line in particular stood out in making the effort to be animal friendly. The products pictured above are from Urban Decay's line of "vegan" makeup. Urban Decay not only is against animal testing, but they are activists for the fair treatment of animals. Urban Decay doesn't animal test, but they also have an entire line of vegan makeup that does not contain any animal products whatsoever. Each of their products is stamped with their cruelty-free motto: "We don't do animal testing. How could anyone?" These products are animal friendly and super high quality. Now that I have realized how easy it is to avoid animal testing, I am never going to buy products from a company who does so. Every day is an opportunity to be cruelty-free. Start small and you'll be surprised at how easy it is.

6 comments:

  1. i agree makeup goes a long way ... people are already pretty.. they add makeup they become beautiful at least on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that there are companies out there that are against animal testing. I personally am disgusted at all types of animal testing, seeing this post gives me a bit of hope for our society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed horrible and disgusting how some make up companies must test their products on animals. Its simply cruel. I am glad some people make reaches in order for animal rights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even understand how people could be so cruel. I mean, I've always been an animal lover, but after getting my first puppy (Basil!) a few months ago, I care for animals even more. It's great that you're using better products! props to you :)

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People really don't need make up. They are pretty just the way they are. Sometimes, make up just ruins their image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thought of someone using animals to take care of aesthetics is terrible. It's nice to know that there is a whole "legion" dedicated to minimizing these activities.

    ReplyDelete