Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How far would you go?

Fur? I'd rather go naked. Peta's "I'd rather go naked than wear fur campaign" has been in progress for many years. With famous participants including Khloe Kardashian, Eva Mendes, Holly Madison, and Elisabetta Canalis, this campaign has caught the attention of animal lovers and fur owners alike. Killing animals for their fur is an extremely cruel and brutal process. Many of these animals are skinned alive, and left to die. Others are electrocuted, burned, beaten and mutilated. In my opinion, Peta has the right idea in speaking out against this horrible act. There are so many alternatives for fur, that there is absolutely no excuse. Although this campaign is for a good cause, it is a very racy approach. There is no doubt that it demands attention, however, many could argue that this type of campaign makes a serious issue into somewhat of a joke. Do you think this campaign is an appropriate way to advocate against wearing fur?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leah,
    When I look at this picture, I immediately think of the show "America's Next Top Model" because the font they are using for the banner. I have heard of animals being skinned alive! I can imagine how brutal that is. They won't kill the animal because they do not want to damage the fur. They will not use medicine to put them down before skinning because it is too costly. I agree to your post that human should be aware of their action. I think this is a good campaign because the message is really explicit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture and the concept. PETA is a great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you chose this topic for your blog. I'm an animal lover and it kills me when I see or hear about the cruelty and injustice done to them. This campaign does seem to turn the whole issue into a humorous matter, but it sends a message, and the more campaigns there are to raise awareness, and promote fair treatment of animals the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah,

    I do feel that the campaign is trying to attract attention to animal cruelty for all the wrong reasons. But to be fair, it seems to be doing its job. If these nude photo shoots are gaining the attention of many towards animal cruelty, then I really don't have much room to complain about its nature.

    ReplyDelete